The CAT5 Extender allows you to control your computer or KVM switch from up to 500 feet (150m) away. It is perfect for isolated server rooms, large server farms, secure systems, or test benches where the computer or KVM switch may be inaccessible to the user. The receiver unit also serves as a 2-port KVM Switch to allow access to a local computer and the remote servers.
- Extend USB keyboard, USB Mouse, VGA Video Monitor up to 500ft using a single CATx cable.
- Integrated CAT5 technology enables you to connect your KVM switch to your servers up to 500 feet (150m) away using standard CAT5 cabling.
- Transmitter and receiver included.
- Can be used to extend a computer console (keyboard, mouse and monitor) or a KVM Switch user console.
- Use CATx cables - CAT5, CAT5e, CAT6 between transmitter and receiver.
- The CAT5 Extender supports video resolutions of up to 1920x1440 @ 75Hz on local computer and up to 1280x1024@75Hz on remote.
- The CAT5 Extender features local and remote console ports, enabling you to control your computers from near or far.
- A built-in, 3-foot, all-in-one KVM cable provides an easy connection between the CAT5 Extender and your computer or KVM switch.
- An LED display on the Transmitter and Receiver units provides quick status monitoring
- Also known as: Console Extender, USB KVM Extender, KVM Console Extender, Belkin USB Console Extender
Why does this extender have one USB connector?
Each USB ports on a computer act as a root hub so when connecting a USB cable to a computer USB port, that port will recognize all these device connected through that cable as if they were connected through a hub.
- Belkin OmniView USB CAT5 KVM Extender Transmitter
- Belkin OmniView USB CAT5 KVM Extender Receiver
- Power Adapter
- User Manual
- Registration Card
- KVM Cable to connect Transmitter to the computer or switch to be extended