Important Note: The following specifications apply to the entire Perle JetStream Serial and Terminal Server Series.
- JetStream 8516 -- 1U Rack m,unt serial/terminal server
- 10/100 Network
- 16 x RS422 RJ45 serial ports.
JetStream8500 Serial Server Technical Specifications
- High-density and Multi-purpose Terminal Server for Larger Sites.
- JetStream8500 offers an integrated multifunction solution for serial and parallel networking applications. Cutting the cost of ownership and the need for multiple units, JetStream8500 can act as a Terminal Server, Remote Access Server, and for Modem Pooling.
- Several models are available, with either 16 EIA-232 or EIA-422 serial ports, or 24, 32 and 48 EIA-232 serial ports, all providing up to 230 Kbps connection speed per port. With a slim profile suitable for desktop or rack mounting. Other Perle Terminal Servers can be used to increase the number of serial or LAN ports, or to provide Wide Area Network connectivity.
- High-performance, integrated, multi-function networking solution
- Flexible remote access server
- Trueport COM Port Re-director Utility for Terminal Server application.
- Local or remote configuration
- Local or remote upgrades
- Network management
- Comprehensive suite of RAS security features
- International language customization
- Extremely easy to configure
- RoHS and WEEE Compliant
- JS8516 model: 16 EIA-232/EIA-422 serial ports
- JS8524 model: 24 EIA-232 serial ports
- JS8532 model: 32 EIA-232 serial ports
- JS8548 model: 48 EIA-422 serial ports
BackBone LAN Attachment
- 1 x 10/100Mbps RJ45 network connection
- 2 x 10/100Mbps RJ45 (JS8532, JS8548)
- 32 bit processor
- Custom ASICs
- Up to 230 Kbps throughput per port
Serial Port Signals/Protection
- TXD, RXD, RTS, CTS, DTR, DSR, DCD and GND.
- All serial ports are ESD protected to 15kV through air.
- Main - Power and Network
- Serial - Send and Receive integrated into each RJ45 connector
Power,Dimensions and Weight
|AC Model:|| Internal, auto-ranging, 110-240V|
- Operating Temperature: 32ºF to 122ºF (0 - 50ºC)
- Storage Temperature: -22ºF to 158ºF
- Operating Humidity: 5 to 95% RH (non-condensing)
- Storage Humidity: 5 to 95% RH (non-condensing)
- EMC: EN55022 Class A, FCCA
- Safety: CSA 22.2.950, NRTL/C, IEC 950, EN60950
- CE Approval
Local or Remote management using:
- Command Line
- Menu Command Interfaces
- JETset Web-based configuration utility
- ETstart Web-based getting started utility
- Multi-Language Support:
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Mandarin Chinese, and ability to load a custom language file
- TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, SNMP, ARP, Proxy ARP, RARP,
DHCP, BOOTP, RIP and Static Routing, PPP, SLIP, CSLIP, TELNET, RLOGIN, CLEAR TCP HTTP, WINS, DNS
Remote Access and Security
- Support for up to 20 different modem types initialisation strings
- RADIUS authentication (RFC2058)
- RADIUS accounting (RFC2059)
- Fixed and Roaming Callback
FLASH update via:
- Network using BOOTP, DHCP or TFTP
- Local management port using Jetload
Fixed TTY/Com port emulation software for:
- SCO UnixWare
- SCO OpenServer
- HP UX
- SUN Solaris
- Windows NT