- Network enable any RS-232/422/485 serial device for remote access and control.
- Virtual COM drivers for Windows 98/ME/2000/NT/XP.
- Multiple TCP client connections.
- Supports Web and Telnet consoles.
- Built-in Web Server allows you to manage the SERIAL-IP-4 from a web browser anywhere on the LAN/WAN.
- Remotely manage SERIAL-IP-4 and your serial device.
- Off-site troubleshooting.
- Software Configurable - Control functionality remotely.
- Monitor Port - Use any PC on the LAN/WAN to actively view and troubleshoot the communications status.
- Shows when there is a client connection to the server.
- Shows client IP address.
- Serial transmit and receive byte counter.
- Displays RTS/DTR - DCD/DSR/CTS status.
- Connect the SERIAL-IP-x to a NTI Serial Console Switch to remotely control up to 32 RS232 devices.
The XTENDEX Serial IP extender transparently connects, configures, and communicates with serial devices over Ethernet using a single IP address. Available in 1, 2 and 4 port versions. Each model uses DB9 male serial connectors and supports RS-232, RS-422 and RS-485.
The SERIAL-IP-x is the ideal solution for a wide range of applications. Examples include:
Serial port connector: male DB9. LAN: 10.100 Mbps Auto-detecting-10 BaseT, 100 BaseTX. Supported signals:
- POS systems.
- Security systems.
- Industrial automation.
- Building automation.
Data rate: 110 bps to 230.4 kbps. Protocols: TCP, IP, ARP, DHCP, Telnet, HTTP, UDP, ICMP. OS supported: Windows 98/ME/2000/NT/XP. Management: Console port, Telnet. Client software: Virtual COM port driver, manager software
- RS232: TX, RX, RTS, CTS, DTR, DSR, DCD, GND.
- RS422: TX+, TX-, RX+, RX-, RTS+, RTS-, CTS+, CTS-, GND.
- RS485: Data +, Data -.
Communication mode: Virtual COM port mode, direct IP mode, paired mode. Power: 110 VAC at 60 Hz via AC adapter. Environmental:
Regulatory Approvals: FCC, CE, RoHS. Dimensions WxDxH (in):
- Operating Temperature: 32 to 122°F (0 to 50°C).
- Storage Temperature: -4 to 140°F (-20 to 60°C).
- Humidity: 0 to 90% non-condensing.
- SERIAL-IP, SERIAL-IP-2: 3.4x4.5x0.9
- SERIAL-IP-4: 4.5x7.3x1.1