- Extends Hi-Speed USB 2.0 connections up to 50m/164 ft
- Supports standard Category 5 UTP cable interconnect
- Single port (140) or four port (440) Class A device
- Supports USB 1.1 (low-speed, full-speed) and USB 2.0 high-speed devices operating up to 480 Mb/s.
- True plug and play, no drivers required.
- Supports all major operating systems including Windows, Mac-OS, Linux and Sun.
- Number of devices can be increased using standard USB hubs.
- Powered at both LEX (local extender) and REX (remote extender) units.
- USB ports at REX support high powered (500mA) devices.
- USB 2.0 Ranger 140/440 systems include a Local Extender (LEX) module, a Remote Extender (REX) module, a USB cable, 2 power adapters and User Guide.
The new USB 2.0 Rangerr 140 and 440 extenders represent a significant milestone in the USB market supporting USB 2.0 peripheral devices at speeds up to 480 Mb/s over a distance of 50 m/164 ft. Powered by patented ExtremeUSB technology, the USB 2.0 Ranger 140 supports a single device port; the USB 2.0 Ranger 440 supports four device ports via an integrated hub. Both solutions are Class A devices enabling host computer and peripheral extension over standard Category 5 UTP cable.
| Reach || 50 Meters (165ft)|
| Transmitter connector|| 1 USB Type B Plus 1 RJ45 |
| Receiver|| 1 RJ45 plus 1 USB Type A|
| Power Adapter || 5 VDC @ 3A|
| Power Available || 500mA|
| Weight|| 0.6 lbs Transmitter 0.6 lbs Receiver|
| Operating Temp|| 4 C to 40 C|
| Transmitter dimensions|| 4.25" X 3.4 " X 1.4"|
| Receiver Dimensions|| 4.25" X 3.4 " X 1.4"|