This product has been phased out, please call us for
||KM-15634 | Mfg
||No Sales Tax (Except in GA)
- Connect and manage serial devices over IP. ESP multi-interface serial hubs allow serial devices to become IP-enabled using RS-232, RS-422 and RS-485 protocols for industrial/manufacturing environments and commercial applications.
- It's the ideal solution for reliable and cost-effective serial connectivity at the point of need.
- The 16-port ESP-16 MI multi-interface serial hub provides serial over IP access, allowing devices to be placed at the point of need. Windows, Linux, and UNIX applications are able to access network-attached peripherals as if they were directly connected.
- Installation is quick and simple with structured cabling benefits. Serial COM ports for new devices can be connected in minutes "on the fly" and do not require opening your server or interrupting operations. Simply attach the ESP serial hub to twisted-pair Ethernet and load the device driver on the server.
- In addition to COM port redirection, ESP serial hubs offer RAW TCP, serial tunneling, modem emulation and Telnet modes of operation. When configured to work in tandem, two ESP serial hubs act as a virtual serial cable across IP networks. The onboard Telnet server enables Telnet clients to access console ports of serially-managed devices.
- An internal web server offers a secure means to configure and manage ESP serial hubs as well as ESP-View, a built-in Java-based tool for remote diagnostics of cabling and device malfunctions.
- 16-port, RJ-45 connectors with RS-232, RS-422, and RS-485 support
- Includes ESP-View, a powerful tool for remote diagnostics of cabling and device malfunctions
- Port management software, EquiView Plus for Windows and ESPDIAG for UNIX and Linux is included to help you manage serial device ports
- Structured cabling eliminates complicated wiring for quicker and simpler installations
- Supports major operating systems.
- Ports 1-8: Selectable serial signaling - RS-232, RS-422, RS-485 interfaces.
- Ports 9-16: RS-232 only.
- Selectable serial signaling - RS-232, RS-422, RS-485 interfaces.
- Unattended install - Quick and consistent installations without onsite technical staff.
- High availability - Multi-host attachment allows for hot-backup solutions.
- Selectable Connections Methods - Telnet Server, COM Redirection, RAW TCP Client/Server, Serial Tunneling.
- Browser-based management - An internal web server offers a secure means to configure and manage ESP serial hubs - configuration, port status, loopback testing, data scope.
- Modem/control signals - CTS, RTS, DSR, DCD, DTR.
- One click 'replace' option - Add a new unit without configuration.
- Structured cabling - Cable clutter is eliminated and reduces installation cost.
- On-the-fly connectivity - Connect additional serial ports and new devices in minutes on the fly - no need to open your server or interrupt operations.
- ESP-View - Remotely diagnose cable and device anomalies with ESP-View, a built-in Java-based diagnostic utility, using loopback, data scope, breakout box, and monitoring capabilities.
- EquiView Plus and ESPDIAG - ESP serial hubs include management applications including EquiView Plus for Windows and ESPDIAG for UNIX and Linux .
|Weight||4.5 lbs. |
|Connectors||(16) RJ-45 ports|
|Speed ||115.2 Kbps|
|Modem Control||RTS, CTS, DSR, DTR, DCD|
|Surge Suppression||On every pin of every port|
|Operating Temp||0 to 40 degrees C |
|Humidity||10% to 90% (non-condensing)|
|Operating Voltage||100 - 250 V (0.5A)|
|Approved Agency||UL 60950-1, CSA C22.2 No. 60950-1 (cUL listed), FCC Part 15 Class A, CE|
|Operating System||Windows NT/2000/2003/XP, Citrix, Linux, AIX, UNIX, SCO, Solaris|
IBM Server Proven
- Avocent ESP16 MI 16 Port Serial Hub.
- Power Supply.
- User Manual.