- Extends resolutions up to WUXGA (1920x1200) @60 Hz up to 5,000 feet away
- Immune to EMI (electromagnetic interference) thanks to all-fiber signal transmission media
- Automatic EDID Programming feature enables quick and correct sync of source to display
- Compact Sender and Receiver units install in minutes
- Supports single- and multimode fiber optic cable types
Painless, reliable DVI extension over fiber -- with built-in DVI-to-fiber signal converters and EDID storage, all in a tiny form factor!
- Video Amplifier Bandwidth: 165 MHz
- Maximum Single Link Resolution: WUXGA (1920x1200)
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to 70°C
- Storage Temperature: - 10°C to 85°C
- Operating Humidity: 5% to 85%
- Fully Supports DVI 1.0 and DDC2B via virtual DDC
- Default EDID: UXGA (1600x1200)
- 5V Power Supply (2.5W power consumption max. each)
- Dimensions: 1.5" / 0.5" / 2.5 " (W/H/D)
- Shipping Weight: 1 lb.
The DVI-FM500 Extender lets you extend your DVI source up to 5,000 feet away using a 100% fiber optic extension solution. Attractive and compact DVI-to-fiber modules connect to each other via just two LC fiber optic cable strands. Extender units fit neatly behind equipment for a clean installation.
The on the fly EDID programming feature enables quick and correct synchronization of the video resolution to the display without any manual configuration. It's a great way to extend DVI easily and cleanly. How it works
The DVI FM 500 Sender unit plugs into a DVI port (either a computer source or another device transmitting a DVI signal). The DVI FM 500 Receiver unit plugs into a DVI display - up to 5,000 feet away. Two-strand LC fiber optic cable connects the DVI FM 500 Sender unit and the DVI FM5 00 Receiver units to each other. Power is connected to the DVI FM 500 receiver using the 5V wall adapter and a crisp, vibrant HD picture appears on the display.
Optical signal transmission provides immunity from electromagnetic interference (EMI). Note:
The distance that DVI can be extended will depend on the type of fiber optic cable used.
For a maximum resolution of 1920x1200 at 60 frames per second (60 Hz), the distances possible are as follows:
Single mode: 8(9)/125 microns core: 1500m (5,000 ft)
Multi mode: 50(62.5)/125 microns core: 500m (1,500 ft) This device is not HDCP compliant