|Also known as:|
|2 Port HDMI Video Splitter||HDMI Video Splitter
|Gefen 2 Port HDMI Video Splitter||HDMI Video Splitters
|Gefen HDMI||Video Splitter
|Gefen HDMI Video Splitter||
- Connects two HDTV displays simultaneously to the same input source
- TOSLINK digital audio allows connection to an external amplifier or receiver for installation flexibility
- Maintains resolutions up to 1080p
- HDMI and HDCP compliant
- Video Amplifier Bandwidth: 225 MHz
- Input Video Signal: 1.2 Volts p-p
- Input DDC Signal: 5 Volts p-p (TTL)
- Single Link Range: 1080P/1920 x 1200
- HDMI Connectors: Type A, 19-pin Female
- Audio Output Connector: TOSLINK optical digital type, w/protective cover
- Power Supply: 5V DC
- Power Consumption: 13 Watts (max.)
- Dimensions: 10.25"W x 1"H x 4.25"D
- Shipping Weight: 3.5 lbs.
Split HDMI 1.3 to 2 HDTV Displays -- with additional optical digital audio output
The 1:2 Splitter for HDMI 1.3 with Digital Audio allows set-top boxes, DVD players, DVRs and even computers to be connected to two HDTV displays simultaneously. A TOSLINK output on the rear of the Splitter feeds digital audio to an external amplifier or receiver for additional installation flexibility. A greater number of HDTV displays can be daisy-chained together to create a larger distribution.
How It Works
An HDMI-compliant source connects to the 1:2 Splitter for HDMI 1.3. Two HDMI cables run from the Splitter's outputs to two HDTV displays. A single TOSLINK cable runs from the TOSLINK output to a receiver or amplifier. The Splitter's 5V power supply is connected. A beautiful and sharp HD picture is experienced on each HDTV display along with pristine multi-channel digital audio.
The 1:2 Splitter for HDMI 1.3 with Digital Audio has two HDMI outputs. The first HDMI output connects to the primary HD display, from which the video resolution and timing information (known as EDID) is obtained. The EDID information is used to create an identical picture on the secondary display. Both HD displays must be capable of the same video resolution(s) or the secondary display may not show the picture correctly.
DVI may be used with the 1:2 Splitter for HDMI 1.3 with Digital Audio using an optional DVI-to-HDMI adapter cable.
TOSLINK digital audio formats supported:
HDMI 1.3 Features Supported:
- Dolby AC3 2-channel and 5.1-ch digital audio
- LPCM 2-ch digital audio (32-192 KHz sampling rate)
- Dolby Digital Plus 5.1-ch digital audio
- DTS 2-ch and 5.1-ch digital audio
- Lip-Sync Pass-Through
- 225 MHz (up to 12 bit YUV 444 @ 1080p)
- Deep Color (XV Color)
- Color Space Conversion
- Dolby TrueHD & DTS Master Audio
- CEC Pass-Through
- (1) Gefen 1:2 Splitter for HDMI 1.3 with Digital Audio
- (1) 5V DC / 2.5 A Power Supply
- (1) 6-ft HDMI cable Male-Male
- (1) User's Manual