- Transmits PC video up to 300 feet (91.4 m) over CAT6 cables and 200 feet (60.9 m) over CAT5e cables. Supports 1920 x 1080 PC resolutions at shorter distances.
- For HDTV, it extends 1080p video up to 150 feet (45.7 m) over CAT6 and 100 feet (30.4 m) over CAT5e. Lower HD resolutions (480p to 1080i) go farther, up to 300 feet over CAT6.
- Reads Extended Display Identification (EDID) information from a monitor connected to either the local DVI output port or the DVI port on the remote unit, optimizing the display to the fullest capability of the video card.
- EDID information can also be learned or set to a default.
- EDID info learned from an output device can be used to emulate that actual device.
- Multiple control methods, including locally from the front panel or remotely using serial commands or its GUI software.
- Download EDID info from a PC using the CLI.
- Also drives stereo audio and bidirectional RS-232 serial data over long cable runs.
- (1) local unit
- (1) remote unit
- (1) serial control adapter
Technical Specifications for DVI-D Extender with Audio and EDID:MTBF -
90,000 hours (est.)Video Level -
0 to 0.7V p-pConnectors -
Local unit: Video: Input: (1) DVI-D; Output: (1) DVI-D;
Remote unit: Video: Output: (1) DVI-D;
Both units: Audio: Input: (1) 3.5-mm mini-stereo; Output: (1) 3.5-mm mini-stereo; Interconnect: (2) RJ-45; Serial: (1) DB9 F (RS-232)Power -
100-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz, 0.3 ASize -
1.7"H x 11.25"W x 4.1"D (4.3 x 28.5 x 10.4 cm)Weight -
2.1 lb. (1 kg)