- Icron's WiRanger integrates patented ExtremeUSBr technology and a standard 802.11g radio to enable a USB 2.0 cable free Hub.
- WiRanger enables cable free connection of USB devices at reaches up to thirty metres.
- Icron's WiRanger Cable Free Hub is the industry's only USB 1.1 and 2.0 compatible plug and play wireless solution. Requires no new software drivers.
- Supports USB 1.1 (low-speed, full-speed) and USB 2.0 (high-speed) devices.
- True plug-and-play, no drivers required. Ready to operate straight out of the box.
- Supports all major operating systems including Windows, MacOS and Linux.
- Four port USB 2.0 Hub on remote unit. Additional hub connections supported for more devices.
- Ideal for I/O devices, printers, scanners, isochronous web cams, hard drives and MP3 players.
- User selectable radio channel to improve co-existence with deployed 802.11 networks.
- System powered at both local (PC host unit) and remote (USB hub) units.
- The WiRanger system includes a Local Extender (LEX) module, Remote Extender (REX) module, two power adapters and a User Guide.
The WiRangerT is the world's first wireless USB 2.0 Hub, combining Icron's patented ExtremeUSB technology and an industry standard 802.11g radio. The WiRanger Hub enables wireless connection of USB devices including printers, scanners, isochronous web cams, hard drives, and MP3 players. As with all of Icron's products, no software drivers are required for operation, and the WiRanger operates out of the box as a plug-and-play solution for Windows and MAC O/S.
The WiRanger Cable Free USB 2.0 Hub is a four-port hub and dongle set that will enable immediate high-speed wireless connectivity with maximum reach extending beyond 30m. Using a globally approved 802.11g radio, the WiRanger is available for sales worldwide. The complete system ships with the required power adapters and host USB cable
The WiRanger revolutionizes the home, office and industrial workspace, enabling USB device connectivity without wires, moving USB devices to locations beyond the desktop, simplifying installation and everyday operation.
|Radio Max Data Rate*||54Mbps (802.11g)|
|USB 1.1 and 2.0 Compatible||Yes|
|Device Speeds Supported||High Speed, Full Speed and Low Speed|
|Maximum Devices Connected||14 including hubs|
|Hub above LEX||Yes|
|Hub below REX||Yes|
|LEX connector (upstream)||1 x USB Type B|
|REX connector (downstream)||4 x USB Type A|
|Pairing Model||Matched Set|
|Wireless Security||64 bit WEP|
|LEX Dimensions (W x L x H)||110mm x 69mm x 28mm|
|REX Dimensions (W x L x H)||110mm x 69mm x 28mm|
|Power||External, 5V DC, 3A|
|Certifications||FCC Class B, IC, CE Class B|
|Operating Temperature||4ºC to 40ºC|
|System Shipping Weight||1.04 kg (2.3 lbs.)|
* actual data throughput will be restricted by radio and operating environment. Some devices may not functionproperly due to this restriction.
** actual performance will vary depending on operating environment