- The Iogear GCE250 PS/2 KVM Console Extender allows access to a computer system or a KVM switch from a remote console (keyboard, monitor, and mouse), from up to 500 feet away, via a CAT5e cable.
- Allows remote access of up to 500ft away via CAT5e cables
- Auto Signal Compensation (ASC) helps make installation easy, with no need to configure dip switches
- Dual console operation - control your system from both the local and remote keyboards, mice, and monitors
- Easy to use - push button selection between local and remote consoles
- Plug-n-Play - no need to install any software driver
- High video resolution - up to 1280 x 1024
- Supports VGA, SVGA, and Multisync monitors
- Local monitor supports DDC; DDC2; DDC2B
- This unit is perfect for moving the console away from the computer or the KVM switch. Your console can be moved across the room or hall, out of the server room, or anywhere that is most convenient. It is also useful for security and monitoring purposes, where you can have the system unit in a secure area at the same time that you put the console in the most convenient location for user access and monitoring
- A PS/2 KVM Console Extender is a cost effective solution because it uses inexpensive UTP (CAT5e) cabling to extend the distance, versus expensive and bulky coaxial cabling. It is easy to install and operate because of the Auto Signal Compensation (ASC) technology, which senses the distance and adjusts the signal levels accordingly so there is no need to do any dip switch setting.
The CE250 KVM Extender allows access to a computer (or KVM) from a remote console (keyboard, monitor, and mouse). It is perfect for any situation where the computer needs to be in a protected area for environmental or security considerations. The console can be located in a convenient location up to 490 feet away from the server or KVM, while your computers remain secured.
The CE250 uses standard CAT-5 cable so you can cut your connection to the exact length needed, which makes placement your choice rather than accommodating someone else's compromise of a correct cable length.
A key feature of the CE250 is built-in 8KV ESD protection and 2KV surge protection. It also features a custom ASIC that ensures the utmost in reliability and compatibility. It senses the distance to the system and automatically adjusts the gain to compensate.
- A VGA, SVGA, or Multi-sync monitor capable of the highest resolution that you will be using in the installation
- A PS/2 style keyboard
- A PS/2 style mouse
- If you connect a DDC type monitor to the Local Unit, the monitor that connects to the Remote Unit must be able to support the highest video resolution that the DDC monitor can provide.
- You must use the same brand and model of mouse on both the local and remote units.
* For computers without PS/2 ports it is necessary to use a converter such as our GUC100KM.
- A VGA, SVGA, or Multi-sync card
- A 6-pin mini-DIN mouse port*
- A 6-pin mini-DIN Keyboard port*
For optimum signal integrity we strongly recommend that you use the high-quality Custom KVM cable provided with this package. The shape and function of the KVM connectors on the switch and the cable have been modified so that only KVM cables designed to work with this KVM switch can be used.
Cat 5 cable is the minimum quality cable required to connect the local and remote CE250A units
- Iogear CAT5 KVM Extender PS2
- KVM Extender Local UnitKVM Extender Remote Unit
- KVM Cable
- Power Adapter
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty/Registration Card