- The AdderLink X2-MultiScreen extends four high quality video signals, together with keyboard and mouse signals, multiple RS232 signals and high quality audio up to 300m/1000ft over Category 5 or higher twisted pair cable.
- In addition to this functionality, the X2-MS4 provides a local feed through port for control of computers at the local computer end.
- Multiple video extension can be used in a wide variety of scenarios where it is either inhospitable or impractical to place both the machine and control console in the same place. The X2-MultiScreen extender is ideal for use in industrial process and control room environments, financial dealing rooms, emergency services control rooms, broadcast production studios, security environments or any multiple touch screen applications.
- The Adder X2-MS4 achieves video resolutions of 1600 x 1200 at 200m/650ft and 1280x1024 at 300m/1000ft.
- The AdderLink X2-MultiScreen applies a high level of signal compensation that allows for a greatly increased range of very smooth and fine adjustments.
- The X2-MultiScreen also offers its own brightness correction to ensure that the image is crisp, clear and bright, regardless of the distance and is individually selectable per video head.
- This quad multiscreen extender features 300MHz DeSkew circuits which compensate for any skew effects that may be introduced by long CATx cables. DDC circuits are also fitted to enable the computer to query the monitors so that the video cards can be optimally configured. Without this circuitry, some well-known high performance video cards cannot be used at high resolutions.
- The AdderLink X2-MultiScreen units ensure that the transmitter and receiver clocks are synchronized to ensure that no audio is ever lost or added, thus preventing annoying audio clicks.
- Extends KVM, digital audio and transparent RS232 across a single CATx cable
- Dual access provides local KVM and audio access at the computer (local) end
- Extra fine video quality at resolutions up to 1600 x 1200 at 200m and 1280 x 1024 at 300m
- Digital (44.1 kHz, 16 bit) audio transmission delivers high fidelity click less stereo audio for speakers and microphones
- Fully transparent RS232 interface enables a wide range of serial devices to be connected
- Integrated state of the art 300MHz DeSkew circuit (up to 62ns DeSkew with 2ns granularity)
- Use stand alone or rackmount 16 modules across 2U (rackmount kit sold separately)
- Advanced spike suppression circuits for reliability in noisyT applications
- Flash upgradeability enables future enhancements
- Supports DDC signaling to ensure optimal video card setup
- Spike suppression - The X2-Gold Dual Access is fitted with spike suppression circuits.
- Application - The X2-Gold Dual Access is not suitable for linking between buildings.
- Display Data Channel - DDC signaling is supported to enable the computer to communicate with the monitor and thus configure its video card for optimal operation.
Adder X2-MS4 Specifications:
|Mechanical||Local Unit||Remote Unit|
|Height ||3.1 in. (80 mm.)||1 in. (26 mm.)|
|Width ||6.7 in. (172 mm.)||6.7 in. (172 mm.)|
|Depth||2.9 in. (75 mm.)||2.9 in. (75 mm.)|
|Rack Space||5 units fit into 2U of rack space||16 units fit into 2U of rack space|
|Temperature Tolerance||0-40°C (32 to 104°F)|
|Humidity Tolerance||5 to 60% non condensing|
|Computers||1 x 25-way female||N/A|
|CATx cable||1 x RJ45||1 x RJ45|
|Serial||1 x DB9||1 x DB9|
|Keyboard||1 x purple 6-pin mini-DIN female||1 x purple 6-pin mini-DIN female|
|Mouse||1 x green 6-pin mini-DIN female||1 x green 6-pin mini-DIN female|
|Monitor||1 x blue 15-pin high-density D-type female||1 x blue 15-pin high-density D-type female|
|Audio jack & Speaker||1 x light green 3.5mm||N/A|
|Power adapter||2.5mm DC jack optional power adapter (only required for video only applications)||2.5mm DC jack|
|Computer/KVM switch||Compatible with desktop, rack mount and laptop PCs with PS/2 keyboard and mouse connections|
|Operating system||Compatible with all major operating systems including DOS; OS/2; UNIX; MS Windows 9x, NT, 2000, XP;NetWare and RS6000|
|Keyboard||Supports PS/2 style keyboards with 6-pin mini-DIN connectors|
|Mouse||Supports a wide range of PS/2 style 2 button, 3 button, wheel, IntelliMouse (3 button with wheel), IntelliMouse Explorer (5 button with wheel) and other mice that support the Microsoft mouse signaling protocols|
|RS232 ||Transparent serial port operation ensures wide device compatibility without the need to configure baud rates or protocols on the X2 to match your equipment.|
|1600 x 1280||up to 200 meters/650 feet|
|1280 x 1024||up to 300 meters/1000 feet|
|Approvals||FCC class A, CE marked|
- AdderLink X2 Quad Video KVM Extender Transmitter
- AdderLink X2 Quad Video KVM Extender Receiver
- 6ft long computer interface cable
- IEC style power supply and power cord
- Safety and installation leaflet
- CD manual
- Stick on rubber feet