|Also known as:|
|2 Port DVI KVM Switch||Black Box 2 Port KVM Switch
|2 Port KVM Switch||Black Box ServSwitch Wizard DVI
|2 Port Quad Video DVI KVM Switch||Quad Video DVI KVM Switch
|2 Port Quad Video KVM Switch||Quad Video KVM Switch
|Black Box 2 Port DVI KVM Switch||
- Control 2 computers with PS2 Keyboard, PS2 Mouse and Quad DVI Connectors from one PS2 keyboard, one PS2 Mouse and Four DVI Monitors
- Quad DVI Monitor support
- Maximum resolution of 3200 x 2400.
- Push button, hotkey, mouse, or remote contact switching.
- Plug-and-play-no configuration.
- Great for desktop users requiring access to multiple computers.
- Space-saving design eliminates desktop clutter in professional environments.
- Supports Microsoftr Windowsr operating systems.
- Easy port selection by front-panel buttons, hotkeys, three-button mouse, or a remote push button.
- Front-panel LED makes the active port easy to identify.
- The AutoScan function allows port scanning at 2, 5, 7, 10, 15, 20, 30, or 60 second intervals. This makes computer monitoring easy and hands-free.
- Supports all standard VESA resolutions from 640 x 480 to 2400 x 1600.
- Supports standard keyboard layouts with up to 104 keys and Microsoft IntelliMouser or compatible mice.
- Provides robust keyboard and mouse emulation to prevent lockups.
- Today s high-end video cards and high-end monitors-particularly the flat-panel displays-often support crystal-clear, high-resolution Digital Visual Interface (DVI) video. But DVI monitors, even the lightest flat-panel ones, are still bulky and expensive. Wouldn t it be nice if you could use one DVI monitor for all your DVI computers? Our ServSwitch Wizard DVI is the KVM switch that can make it happen.
- If your video cards and monitor(s) support "compositing" images by outputting separate parts of them on separate video heads and recombining them at the monitor, the Dual- and Quad-Head models work even better than the Single-Head model. The Dual-Head models can pass through composite resolutions as high as 2400 x 1600, and the Quad-Head models can pass through resolutions up to 3200 x 2400.
- Some DVI video cards support simultaneous outputs from more than four video heads. You can switch as many as eight heads using a pair of Quad-Head ServSwitch Wizard DVIs. Just synchronize the two switches by running cable between their serial ports. Then attach four heads to one chassis and the remaining heads to the other chassis. The ServSwitch Wizard DVI with the attached keyboard and mouse will serially echo your switching commands to the other chassis, causing all the heads to be switched at the same time!
- A synchronized ServSwitch Wizard DVI system can even support both CPUs with DVI output and CPUs with analog VGA-type output. Because the Wizard DVI is just one of several of our KVM switches that use our proven ServSwitch Wizard technology, it s compatible with several analog ServSwitch Wizard models, including the regular ServSwitch Wizard and the ServSwitch Wizard PRO. So if you synchronize a ServSwitch Wizard DVI with a compatible analog ServSwitch Wizard, you can attach your DVI CPUs to one set of ports on the ServSwitch Wizard DVI (say, Ports 1 and 2) and your analog CPUs to different ports on the other ServSwitch Wizard (say, Ports 3 and 4), then switch between the CPUs as if they were all attached to the same KVM switch!
Familiar, powerful ServSwitch Wizard features: The ServSwitch Wizard DVI supports many of the same sophisticated features you ve come to expect from our ServSwitch Wizard switches:
Autoscanning all or active ports.
Switching using the front-panel push button, hotkeys, a three-button mouse or IntelliMouse, the optional Remote-Control Module (KV6REM, etc.), or an automated system attached to the serial options port.
And much more!
DDC support means better compatibility: The ServSwitch Wizard DVI supports DDC2B Display Data Channel signaling. This enables your monitor to communicate with your CPUs video cards and configure the CPUs video drivers automatically at bootup. Do your monitor and video cards support DVI Hot Plug Detect? The ServSwitch Wizard DVI supports it, too-hot-swap equipment without fear!
Multiplatform, multi-OS support: The ServSwitch Wizard DVI isn t just for a narrow range of PCs running Microsoft Windows. It s compatible with all popular PC operating systems. You can also attach IBMr RS/6000r, Compaqr Alphar, or SGIT computers that output DVI video, as long as they have PS/2 style keyboards and mice and a compatible keyboard layout.
Compliance - CE Class A; FCC Part 15, Subpart B Class A, IC Class/classe A
Distance (Maximum) - 2 m (6.5 ft.) if interface powered or 5 m (16.4 ft.) if AC powered to any attached keyboard, monitor, and mouse;
5 m (16.4 ft.) to any attached CPU or cascaded KVM switch;
50 ft. (15.2 m) from serial port to any attached serial device
Enclosure - Steel, aluminum, and plastic
MTBF - 500,000 hours (based on the historical reliability of similarly designed and manufactured products)
Operating Environment - Temperature: 32 to 104° F (0 to 40° C);
Humidity: 5 to 60% noncondensing;
Altitude (Maximum): 10,000 ft. (3048 m)
Resolution and Refresh Rate (Maximum) - 1600 x 1200 at 60 Hz (higher refresh rates possible at lower resolutions); with compositing multihead video cards and monitors, Dual-Head models support 2400 x 1600 and Quad-Head models support 3200 x 2400
Serial Characteristics - Protocol: Async only;
Data format: 8 data bits, no parity, 1 stop bit (fixed);
Data rate: 1200 bps (fixed);
Flow control: None
User Controls - Keyboard commands; Mouse-click functions; (1) push-button for channel change and configuration mode; (1) 8-position multifunction DIP switch; optional Remote-Control Module (KV6REM) for channel change; Optional serial commands for channel change and multichassis synchronization
Video Standard - Supports DDC2B signaling
Interface - Video: Single-link DVI (Digital Visual Interface);
Keyboard and mouse: IBM PS/2 compatible;
Serial: TIA/EIA RS-232 proprietarily pinned on DB15
- Black Box ServSwitch Wizard DVI 2 Port Quad Head DVI KVM Switch
- User Manual
- Warranty Card