- Control up to 16 servers from up to 4 user stations.
- Users (administrators) may be located up to 900ft and connected via CATx cables (CAT5, CAT5e or CAT6)
- User console at the switch is USB keyboard, mouse
- Multiplatform support for PC, MAC, SUN, USB, Serial
- Maximum resolution: 1900 x 1440.
- Connect to speakers to hear audio prompts from the servers.
- Reset one or more host system power switches via its power control port.
- Includes rackmounting hardware.
- Supports DDC emulation.
- Supports PS/2 or USB style keyboard and mouse.
- Easily cascadable.
- Remote users can connect to switch using ServSwitch CX Remote Units.
- Flash upgradable.
- Easily switch computers via hotkeys, on-screen display, or mouse.
- Cascadable with Black Box ServSwitch CX with IP to add KVM Over IP capability to this switching system.
Resolution (Maximum) - 1900 x 1440 @ 164 ft. (50 m)
Distance (Maximum) - 984.2 ft. (300 m)
CE Approval - Yes
Connectors - KV0416A, KV0424A-R2: Local analog console port: Monitor: (1) HD15 F;
Keyboard and mouse: PS/2: (2) 6-pin mini DIN F; USB: (2) Type A F;
User ports: (4) RJ-45;
Servers: (16) or (24) RJ-45;
Audio: (1) 3.5-mm jack;
Serial RS-232 (DTE): (1) DB9 F;
Power control: (1) DB9 M;
Power input: (2) barrel F;
KV1400A: (1) RJ-45, (2) 6-pin mini DIN M, (1) HD15 M;
KV1402A: (1) RJ-45, (2) 6-pin mini DIN M, (1) HD15 M, (1) 3.5-mm plug;
KV1401A: (1) RJ-45, (1) USB Type A M, (1) HD15 M;
KV1403A: (1) RJ-45, (1) USB Type A M, (1) HD15 M, (1) 3.5-mm plug;
KV1404A: (1) RJ-45, (1) 8-pin mini DIN M, (1) HD15 M, (1) 3.5-mm plug
Power - 100-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz, autosensing
Size - KV0416A, KV0424A-R2: 1.75"H (1U) x 19"W x 8.5"D (4.4 x 48.3 x 21.6 cm)
Easier connections than ever!
There are no bulky KVM cables to deal with-the ServSwitchT CX enables up to four users to connect to the switch via CAT5, CAT5e, or CAT6 UTP cable. In addition, you can mix and match different kinds of servers on the same CX switch! Just run CATx cables from the switch s server ports to the Server Access Modules (SAMs) that connect to your servers. Simply choose the appropriate SAM for each server and you re all set.
What s more, you can connect the ServSwitch CX to either a PS/2r or USB keyboard and mouse-it includes both connector types!
To connect a remote PS/2 console to the ServSwitch CX with IP using CATx cable, order a ServSwitch CX Remote Unit. Three models are available: Basic, with Audio, and with Audio Skew Compensation.
Simple server selection.Whether you re working at a user station or the local analog console port in the server room, you can select a server to access and control via on-screen menus or hotkeys. On-screen menus make server selection simple because you can give each server a name that makes sense to you.
Sight and sound support.The ServSwitch CX provides super-sharp resolutions up to 1900 x 1440 for all users up to 164 feet (50 m) away. And at up to 984.2 feet (300 m) away, the CX displays 1024 x 1280 video resolution. By choosing a SAM with audio, you add support for stereo speakers, enabling you to hear audible alerts.
Take charge with your power.The ServSwitch CX has a power control port that enables a remote user to reset one or more power switches in the host system. Plus, dual power connectors enable the ServSwitch CX to draw power from its included wallmount adapter or from an optional redundant power supply if there s a power failure.
Ready right now-and for the future.The ServSwitch CX comes complete with rackmounting hardware to install the switch in any open 1U of rack space in your server room. The switch can also be flash upgraded, so it s obsolescence-proof.