Important Note: The following specifications apply to the entire Avocent ACS 5000 Series of Advanced Serial Console Servers.
- 8 Port Advanced Serial Console Server
- Single AC Power
- 1 RS-232 console on RJ-45
- 1 Ethernet 10/100BT on RJ-45
- RS-232 serial ports on RJ-45
- 1U Rack Space
- Secure in-band and out-of-band network management
- Integrated centralized administration - using DSView 3 management software
- Regulatory compliance and easy troubleshooting - online and offline data logging with timestamps
- Power management - integrated power control
- Easy configuration and installation - Auto discovery of host names
- Windowsr Server 2003 Emergency Management Services (EMS) support
- Clustering - central access to multiple console servers
- Improved network monitoring
- Rack space savings -1U form factor
- In-band (Ethernet) and out-of-band (dial-up modem) supportDedicated console port
- SSHv1 and SSHv2
- Local, RADIUS, TACACS+, LDAP/AD.
- Two-factor authentication (RSA SecurID).
- Local backup user authentication support.
- IP packet and security filtering.
- User access control lists per port
- System event syslog.
- Dial-up access (PPP).
- Dial-up authentication for remote access.
- IP forwarding support.
- Windows Server 2003 EMS support.
- Sun break-safe (Solaris Ready Certified).
- Java-based SSH client.
- Offline data buffering - local or remote (NFS/Syslog).
- Level-based syslog filters.
- Timestamp and rotations for data buffering.
- Multiple simultaneous sessions
- Simultaneous access on the same port (port sniffing) with ability to toggle.
- Clustering (central access to multiple console servers)
- Event notification (email, pager, SNMP trap).
- Global time zone support.
- Multiple and customizable user levels of access.
- Power integration using Cyclades PM and third-party power support using SPC and ServerTech Switched CDU Power Strips.
- Directly by TCP port, IP address or server name
- Telnet/SSH with menu
- Simultaneous Telnet and SSH access
- Configuration wizard for first-time users
- Auto discovery for automatic deployment
- Command line access (Linux shell)
- Web management interface (HTTP/HTTPS)
- Centralized management using DSView 3 software
- CAT 5 compatible adapters for simpler cabling
Additional Protocols Supported
- Upgrades available on FTP site, no charge
- Flash upgradeable
- TFTP support for network boot
- DHCP for dynamic IP address assignment
- PPP/SLIP for dial-up
- NTP for time server synchronization
- RFC2217 support for remote serial port access
The Cycladesr ACS 5000 series of advanced console servers offers IT professionals and network operations center (NOC) personnel the ability to perform secure, remote data center management and out-of-band management of IT assets from anywhere in the world. Using a hardened Linuxr operating system, Cyclades ACS 5000 console servers provide optimal performance, security and reliability. Combined with integrated power management and using DSViewr 3 management software, Cyclades ACS 5000 console servers offer centralized management and a secure and consolidated out-of-band management solution.
Decreased maintenance costs and enhanced productivity
Available in 4-, 8-, 16-, 32- and 48-port models that fit in 1U of rack space, the ACS 5000 series help provide scalability, decrease network maintenance costs, and maximize IT asset productivity in medium to large enterprise data centers.
Security features such as SSH v2, RADIUS authentication, IP filtering, and user access lists per port allow data center managers and system administrators to remotely manage the network and servers with greater control and reliability.
Console management features such as data buffering, direct access methods to the serial ports (such as TCP port and server name), and event notification improve monitoring capabilities, which allows for faster problem-solving actions and higher network uptime.
|Height||1.7 in. (43 mm)|
|Width||17 in. (433 mm)|
|Depth||8.5 (225 mm)|
|Weight||7.7 lbs. (3.5 Kg)|
|Memory||128 MB DIMM SDRAM/128 MB compact flash|
256 MB DIMM SDRAM/128 MB compact flash (ACS5048 only)
|Interfaces||1 Ethernet 10/100BT on RJ-45|
1 RS-232 console on RJ-45
RS-232 serial ports on RJ-45
|CPU||MPC855T (PowerPC Dual-CPU)|
|Operating Temp||50°F to 112°F (10°C to 44°C)|
|Storage Temp||4°F to 158°F (-20°C to 70°C)|
|Humidity||15% to 90% non-condensing|
|Internal 100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 35 W max.|
|Power Usage (all ACS 5000 port models)|
|Power Consumption Nominal voltage 100-240VAC: Typical 0.15A, 18WMaximum 0.3A, 36W|
|FCC Part 15A|
EN55022, A (CE)
In addition, the following certifications for specific models.
* Only specific models are certified to the above certifications.
- GOSTR (Russia)*
- MIC (Korea)*