Perle IOLAN SCS 8 Port Serial Console Server Switch with Dual Ethernet
Serial Port Access:
- Control up to 16 Serial Devices, Servers, terminals, Network devices and more using a web browser.
- In and out of band management.
- Dual GigaBit Ethernet.
- Single AC Power.
- 1U Rack Space.
- Also known as Perle SCS32CM
- Important Note: Please note that the following specifications apply to all of Perle IOLAN SCS Series.
- High performance 400 MHz, 750 MIPS, 32 bit processor with integrated hardware encryption processor for the best throughput.
- Clustering - Provides a single view of all out of band console ports. Ideal for large data centers.
- Intelligent Power cycling of equipment with Perle Remote Power Switches.
- Next Generation IP support (IPv6) for investment protection and network compatibility.
- Primary/Backup host functionality enables automatic connections to alternate hosts should the primary TCP connection go down.
- EasyPort Web - Access equipment serial console ports by using your java-enabled Internet browser.
- Built-in IPSec VPN Gateway - access serial devices over a standard IPSEC VPN infrastructure.
- Dynamic DNS - Easy console management access from anywhere on the Internet.
- Lifetime warranty - best investment protection available.
- IOLAN SCS Console Servers have a truely fault tolerant design to minimize downtime and provide reliable, secure remote device management. With built-in dual Ethernet and Redundant Path technology the IOLAN SCS provides assured serial console port access, offering the most reliable solution for managing data center and remote branch equipment. all at the best price performance.
- IOLAN SCS Console Servers enable administrators to securely access remote serial console ports on equipment such as PBX, servers, routers, network storage equipment and security appliances through an IP network. Data management information is protected through standard encryption tools such as Secure Shell (SSH) and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). Access by authorized users is assured via authentication schemes such as RADIUS, TACACS+, LDAP, Kerberos, NIS and RSA Security's SecurID tokens.
- By using encryption technologies, an IOLAN Console Server protects sensitive and confidential data before being sent across a corporate Intranet or public Internet. For compatibility with peer encryption devices, all of the major encryption ciphers such as AES, 3DES, RC4, RC2 and CAST128 are fully supported.
- Recognized as the most secure method for communicating to remote private networks over the Internet, the IPSec standard provides robust authentication and encryption of IP packets at the network layer of the OSI model. As a standard it is ideal for multi-vendor interoperation within a network, providing flexibility and the ability to match the right solution for a particular application.
- With the IOLAN VPN Gateway feature, IOLANs can participate within an IPSec VPN infrastructure simplifying deployments connecting to critical assets that use serial communications.
- The IOLAN SCS has built-in fault tolerant capabilities to ensure secure and reliable access for managing important mission critical equipment. Dual Ethernet interfaces on the IOLAN SCS provide redundant network paths while dual AC power supply models ensure that console management is available even if the primary AC power source fails. For remote administrators that require access from home, on the road or in the event of a total network failure, an optional IOLAN V.92 modem card delivers a solid, integrated solution with direct phone line attachment via its onboard RJ11 jack.
- Protection against electrostatic discharges and power surges is provided with robust 15Kv ESD protection circuitry on each serial port.
- With support for Next Generation IP (IPv6) the IOLAN range provides organizations with investment protection to meet this rapidly growing standard.
- Demand for IPv6, which is compatible with IPv4 addressing schemes, is driven by the need for more IP address. With the implementation and rollout of 3G cellular networks, a robust method is needed to handle the huge influx of new IP addressable devices on the Internet. In fact, the US Department of Defense has mandated that all equipment purchased from 2005 be IPv6 compatible with full implementation by 2008. In addition, all major Operating Systems such as Windows, Linux, Unix and Solaris, as well as routers, have built-in support for IPv6.
- All Perle IOLAN SCS models are backed by the best service and support in the industry including Perle's unique lifetime warranty. Since 1976 Perle has been providing its customers with networking products that have the highest levels of performance, flexibility and quality.
- Connect directly using Telnet / SSH by port and IP address
- Connect with EasyPort menu by Telnet / SSH
- Use an Internet browser to access with HTTP or secure HTTPS via EasyPort Web menu
- Ports can be assigned a specific IP address ( aliasing )
- Multisession capability enables multiple users to access ports simultaneously
- Multihost access enables multiple hosts/servers to share serial ports
- In-band ( Ethernet ) and out-of-band ( dial-up modem ) support
- Dynamic DNS enables users to find a console server from anywhere on the Internet
- Domain name control through DHCP option 81
- IPV6 and IPV4 addressing support
- Primary/Backup host functionality enables automatic connections to alternate host(s)
- SSH v1 and v2
- SSL V3.0/TLS V1.0, SSL V2.0
- SSL Server and SSL client mode capability
- SSL Peer authentication
- IPSec VPN : NAT Traversal, ESP authentication protocol
- Encryption: AES (256/192/128), 3DES, DES, Blowfish, CAST128, ARCFOUR(RC4), ARCTWO(RC2)
- Hashing Algorithms: MD5, SHA-1, RIPEMD160, SHA1-96, and MD5-96
- Key exchange: RSA, EDH-RSA, EDH-DSS, ADH
- X.509 Certificate verification: RSA, DSA
- Certificate authority (CA) list
- Local database
- RADIUS Authentication, Authorization and Accounting
- TACACS+ Authentication, Authorization and Accounting
- LDAP, NIS, Kerberos Authentication
- RSA SecureID-agent or via RADIUS Authentication
- SNMP v3 Authentication and Encryption support
- IP Address filtering
- Disable unused daemons
Serial machine to Ethernet
- SSH v1 and v2
- Auto session login
- LPD, RCP printer
- MOTD - Message of the day
- Tunnel raw serial data across Ethernet - clear or encrypted.
- Raw serial data over TCP/IP.
- Raw serial data over UDP.
- Serial data control of packetized data
- Share serial ports with multiple hosts/servers
- Virtual modem simulates a modem connection - assign IP address by AT phone number
- TruePort com/tty redirector for serial based applications on Windows, Vista, Linux, Solaris, SCO and HP UX.
- "TrueSerial packet technology provides the most authentic serial connections across Ethernet ensuring serial protocol integrity"
- RFC 2217 standard for transport of serial data and RS232 control signals
- Customizable or fixed serial baud rates
- Plug-ins allow customer or Perle provided plug-ins for special applications
- Software Development Kit ( SDK ) available
- Serial encapsulation of Modbus, DNP and most other industrial protocols
- ModBus TCP gateway enables serial Modbus ASCII/RTU device connection to ModBus TCP
- Data logging will store serial data received when no active TCP session and forward to network peer once session re-established - 32K bytes circular per port
- Sun Break Safe
- Local port buffer viewing - 256K bytes per port
- External port buffering via NFS, encrypted NFS and Syslog
- Event notification
- Manage AC power of external equipment using Perle RPS power management products
- Clustering - central console server enables access ports across multiple console servers
- Windows Server 2003/2008 EMS - SAC support GUI access to text-based Special Administrative Console
OA&M ( Operations, Administration and Management )
- Dial, direct serial: PPP, PAP/CHAP, SLIP
- Automatic DNS Update: Utilize DHCP Opt 81 to set IOLAN domain name for easy name management and with Dynamic DNS support , users on the Internet can access the device server by name without having to know its IP address. See Automatic DNS update support for details
- IPSEC VPN client/servers: Microsoft L2TP/IPSEC VPN client ( native to Windows XP)
Microsoft IPSEC VPN Client ( native to Windows Vista )
Cisco routers with IPSEC VPN feature set
Perle IOLAN SDS/STS and SCS models.
- SNMP V3 - read and write, Perle MIB
- Perle Device Manager - Windows based utility for large scale deployments
- Configurable default configuration
- Installation Wizard
- Set a Personalized Factory Default for your IOLANs
- Reverse SSH
- UDP Multicast
- reverse Telnet
- Dynamic DNS
- Processor: MPC8349E, 400 Mhz, 750 MIPS.
- Memory: RAM 128MB. Flash: 16 MB.
- Number of Serial Ports: 16.
- Serial Port Interface: RS232 DTE on RJ45.
- Sun / Solaris: Sun Break Safe.
- Data Bits: 50bps to 230Kbps with customizable baud rate support
- Parity: Odd, Even, Mark, Space, None
- Flow Control: Hardware, Software, Both
- Serial Port Protection: 15Kv Electrostatic Discharge Protection ( ESD )
- Local Console Port: RS232 on RJ45 with DB9 adapter ( provided )
Dual 10/100/1000-base TX Ethernet RJ45
Software selectable Ethernet speed 10/100/1000, Auto
Software selectable Half/Full/Auto duplex
- Ethernet Isolation: 1.5Kv Magnetic Isolation
- Integrated Modem: Optional modem card available
- Integrated Wireless: Optional PC card adapter available for GSM/GPRS/3G wireless cards: Sony Ericsson PC300, Sony EricssonGC83, Sierra Wireless AirCard 881, Sierra Wireless 860
- Power Supply:IEC320-C13 to NEMA 5-15P line cord
- Redundant Power:Dual power supply
- Nominal Input Voltage:110/230v AC
- Input Voltage Range: 100-240v AC
- AC Input Frequency: 47-63Hz
- Current Consumption @ 100v ( Amps ): 0.17 - 0.23
- Current Consumption @ 240v ( Amps ): 0.07 - 0.09
- Typical Power Consumption ( Watts ): 17 - 22.5
- LEDS: Power, System Ready, Network Link activity, Serial: Transmit and Receive data per port
- Heat Output ( BTU/HR ): 58 - 77
- Operating Temperature: 0C to 55C, 32F to 131F
- Storage Temperature: -40C to 85C, -40F to 185F
- Humidity: 5 to 95% (non condensing) for both storage and operation.
- Case: SECC Zinc plated sheet metal (1 mm)
- Ingress Protection Rating:IP30
- Mounting: 1U - 19" rack, front and rear mounting hardware included
- Weight: 3.6 KG (Approx. 7 lbs).
- Dimensions: 59 x 36 x 9cm
- Regulatory Approvals: Emissions:
FCC Part 15, Subpart B, Class A
CFR47:2003, Chapter 1, Part 15 Subpart B,(USA) Class A
ICES-003, Issue 4, February 2004 (Canada)
EN55022:1998 + A1:2000 + A2:2003 Class A
EN61000-3-2 : 1995, Limits for Harmonic Current Emissions
EN61000-3-3 : 1995, Limits of Voltage Fluctuations and Flicker
- Regulatory Approvals: Immunity:
EN55024:1998 + A1:2001 + A2:2003
EN61000-4-2: Electrostatic Discharge
EN61000-4-3: RF Electromagnetic Field Modulated
EN61000-4-4: Fast Transients
EN61000-4-6: RF Continuous Conducted
EN61000-4-8: Power-Frequency Magnetic Field
EN61000-4-11: Voltage Dips and Voltage Interruptions.
- Regulatory Approvals: Safety:
IEC 60950-1, First Edition (2001-10) and EN60950-1:2001, CB scheme.
CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 60950-1-03 and ANSI/UL 60950-1, First Edition April 1st 2003 (Recognized Component)
- Regulatory Approvals: Other:
RoHS - 2002/95/EC Directive
WEEE - 2002/96/EC Directive
CCATS - G052929
ECCN - 5A992A
HTSUS Number: 8471.80.1000
Perle Lifetime warranty
Supported Wireless Wan Cards
- When there is a need to access serial console ports on equipment that is located in remote areas where no line based IP network access is readily available, remote access through the use of cellular data technology is a viable solution.
- IOLAN SCS Console Servers come standard with a PCI Interface and are used worldwide to perform secure remote data center management and out-of-band management of IT assets. Perle's optional PC Card Adapter enables the use of 3rd party PC (PCMCIA) cards. Third party cellular cards from Sierra and Sony are commonly used with the IOLAN SCS. Supporting these cellular cards means an IOLAN SCS user without access to Ethernet or a phone line for a modem can, with out-of-band management, obtain a fast reliable connection to remote IT assets in order to manage and monitor them.
- Sony Ericsson PC300
HSDPA 850/1900/2100 MHz
UMTS 850/1900/2100 MHz
EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
GPRS 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- Sony Ericsson GC83
- Sierra Wireless AirCard 881
GSM/GPRS/EDGE 1800/1900 MHz
- Sierra Wireless AirCard 860
UMTS 850MHz and 1900MHZ
IOLAN SCS Fiber Card Support
For those applications that require a direct fiber connection to their console / terminal server, the IOLAN SCS has support for a 3rd party gigabit fiber card via its standard PCI Interface.
This is ideal for enterprises that wish to deploy a fiber based out-of-band management network to manage remote equipment via their serial console ports.
Having an integrated fiber card installed in an IOLAN offers superior reliability over competitive console servers that require an external Ethernet copper to fiber converter box in order to connect to the fiber infrastructure.
A separate software plug-in module available from Perle is required.
- Perle IOLAN SCS 8 Port Serial Console Server Switch with Dual Ethernet.
- Power Cord.
- User Manual.
- Software CD.
- Rack Kit.